[mpich-discuss] ddd + mpich2

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at kitware.com
Fri Jul 11 15:51:57 CDT 2008

Hi Robert,

Thanks but, that is not what I am looking for.  if I am not mistaken,
what you suggest will start 8 ddd's and to get my app up and running I
will have to type a run command in each of 8 processes. On the other
hand...The mpich2 "mpiexec -gdb" has the nice feature you have a single
gdb session that interacts with all of the processes. Using mpich2's
"special" gdb you can set break points on all with a single command, or
select specific processes to issues commands to. Would be very nice if
somehow ddd could be pointed to mpich2's gdb so that single instance of
ddd can interact with all of the processes...

Do you know how mpich2 accomplishes this stuff? I wonder if it is part
of mpd or if there is a stand alone "special" gdb bundled with mpich2...

Thanks for your help
Burlen

--
Burlen Loring