[mpich-discuss] Why is my quad core slower than cluster

Elvedin Trnjanin trnja001 at umn.edu
Wed Jul 9 15:15:35 CDT 2008

mpicc is the right command to use for compiling, but it doesn't answer
which compiler. I'd assume that you might use Intel, PathScale, or a PGI
compiler and possibly gcc at home. Is that the case? If so, it is
possible that this difference in compilers explains the performance. Or
it couldn't, but just something to check.

Read the mpicc man page to see how to figure out which compiler it is using.