[mpich-discuss] messages queue

Jarosław Bułat kwant at agh.edu.pl
Mon Jul 7 14:10:29 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 12:50 -0500, Rajeev Thakur wrote:
> > > What is happening is a flow control problem, and the above
> > are ways to get
> > > around it.
> >
> > Is it problem of MPICH library or my implementation of this library?
>
> One can blame it on the implementation, but an application can help by not
> sending too many messages without receiving them.

I've resolve problem partially. I've found an error in my code: the
MPI_Send and MPI_Testany+MPI_Irecv were placed in different threads and
MPI was initialized by means of MPI_Init. Replacing MPI_Init with
MPI_Init_thread resolve problem with crashing ch3:nemesis. In case the
queue is ,,full'' system is waiting until receiver process at least one
message, however, the queue isn't long enough for my application.

Is it any chance to increase memory for queue (enlarge the number of
messages that could be stored in the queue)?

Regards,
Jarek!