[mpich-discuss] error trying to connect to other nodes by mpdboot

Ariovaldo de Souza Junior ariovaldojunior at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:15:20 CDT 2008

when I tried to run mpd on my nodes with the

:: mpdboot -n 6 -f mpd.hosts

command, I get the following error:

:: mpdboot_eagle (handle_mpd_output 393): failed to handshake with mpd on
owl; recvd output={}

I had all set and the things worked well until I add some more nodes. but
the configuration in all is equal (except for the /etc/localhost :: the
network configuration). Can anyone who have mpich set and running send me a
copy of the "/etc/hosts" file? And does anyone know what is the real problem
that is causing this error? I'm working with 6 cpus core 2 quad and I still
have to set two more.

I have set and working in my server (and nodes)

:: NFS, which is clonning all the files in my main folder
:: passwordless ssh