[MPICH] MPI compiles and installs but mpd doesn't work

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 23 20:11:19 CST 2008

Your python installation seems to have part of the md5 library missing:
_md5. That is quite odd because pretty much all Linux distributions have a
full python installed. You may have to reinstall python. You can verify the
problem by simply starting python and doing the import from the python
prompt, e.g.:

$  python
>> import md5

Rajeev