[MPICH] python2.4 Error

David Gunter dog at lanl.gov
Thu Feb 21 10:09:10 CST 2008

I ran into this same problem on a cluster we have in which /usr/bin/
python was not available on the compute nodes.  MPICH2, having been
compiled on one of the compile nodes, then had a hardcoded dependency
built into it of course.

If this is what is happening to you there are two ways to fix it.
One, have the sysadmins put python in the proper place on the compute
nodes.  Secondly, you can build your own python on the compile and
compute nodes and ensure that it is in the same location for both
places.  Then recompile MPICH using the --with-python=<path to python>
flag.

Hope this helps.

-david
--