[MPICH] Announcing the availability of MPICH2-1.0.7rc1

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 15 20:23:19 CST 2008

Dear all,

The first release candidate for the next release of MPICH2 (1.0.7) is
available from
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/mpich2-1.0.7rc1.tar.gz.
Please try it out and let us know if you encounter any problems. If all
is well, we plan to release 1.0.7 in a week or so. The major changes
since 1.0.6p1 are highlighted below.

(Windows binaries are available from
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/mpich2-1.0.7rc1-win32-ia32.msi
and
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/mpich2-1.0.7rc1-win64-x86-64.msi)

Regards,
The MPICH2 Team

Main changes in 1.0.7
=====================

  # PMI: Added support to use PMI Clique functionality for process
managers that support it.

  # OVERALL: Added datatype free hooks to be used by devices independently.

  # OVERALL: Added device-specific timer support.

  # OVERALL: make uninstall works cleanly now, except for MPD installations.

  # ROMIO: Support to take hints from a config file

  # ROMIO: more tests and bug fixes for nonblocking I/O

  # SMPD: Singleton Init support.

  # WINDOWS: Fortran 90 support added.

  # SCTP: Added MPICH_SCTP_NAGLE_ON support.

  # MPE: Updated MPE logging API so that it is thread-safe (through
global mutex). Updated all related documentation, e.g. man pages.

  # MPE: Added infrastructure to piggyback argument data to MPI states.

  # Many other bug fixes, memory leak fixes and code cleanup. A full
list of changes is available using:
   svn log -r100:455 https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/mpi/mpich2/trunk