[mpich-discuss] Problem with MPICH2 v1.0.8 on WindowsXP

bob ilgner bobilgner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 07:05:47 CST 2008

Hi Ondrej,

I have had this behaviour on 2 occasions with XP and 1.0.8:

1) Router interference from a second  network router prevented validation or
any other MPI comms. Switching 2nd router off and using only 1 router solved
problem.
2) Nothing but nothing helped and I fiddled my guts out and received some
good advice. So installed Vista on 2nd partition and booted into that for
MPI work. Worked a charm.

Regards, bob