[mpich-discuss] Assertion failed

Xavier Olive xo.olive at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 03:48:03 CST 2008

Hello mpich-discuss users,

 I am using mpich2 with mpiJava for my application and am facing a
serious problem I don't know how to deal with. During any execution,
sometimes in the very beginning, sometimes after some thousands of
messages sent and received, I get the following error, generated by
the C code:

Assertion failed in file ch3_progress.c at line 431: conn->pkt.type <
MPIDI_CH3_PKT_END_CH3

I tried to investigate the code but I really don't get how I could
violate that assertion. Would anyone have any idea about the cause of
this problem?

Xavier Olive