[mpich-discuss] FW: SMPD on Linux with firewall turned on

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 4 10:23:25 CDT 2008

 Hi,
  You might also have to open up the port used by SMPD to listen for
incoming connections (port 8676 by default --- Or use the "-port" option
while starting smpd to specify the port to listen. If you use the "-port"
option with smpd make sure that you specify the same port number when
running your job using mpiexec.)
  Let us know if it works for you.

(PS: If that does not work please run smpd and mpiexec in verbose/debug
mode and send us the output. smpd -d / mpiexec -verbose. Also send us the
complete error message that you get when running your MPI application.)

Regards,
Jayesh