[mpich-discuss] MPI Application Hangs Mysteriously After 5-6 Hours' Run

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 11 09:14:54 CDT 2008

 Hi,
	Can you provide us with your MPI application (or a test app which
shows the problem) ? If not, please provide us the following info,

# What is/are the Reduce operations that you perform on the data set ?
# What is the datatype on which you perform the Reduce operation ?
# Do you see the hang if you run your app on the same data set for 6-7 hrs ?
# Do you find the expected results before MPI_Reduce() (the hanging
MPI_Reduce()) on each worker process ?

Regards,
Jayesh