[mpich-discuss] mpdtrace cannot connect (cygwin & mpd), previous smpd remnants?

Ralph Butler rbutler at mtsu.edu
Tue Apr 1 14:04:27 CDT 2008

The short answer to the question is:  No, I do not know why it is
failing.  Of course I do not have cygwin
to try it, and there is a good chance I could not reproduce it even if
I did.  If he wants to gather some additional
info that might help to solve the problem, I have attached a temporary
replacement for mpdlib.py that could be
used to replace the one in the installation.  It merely prints info
about where the program gets to.  If we learn
something, from it, we could try 1 or 2 more iterations to narrow down
the problem.
--ralph