[MPICH] A Question about MPI - Use the "-map" option in mpiexec

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 20 13:22:00 CDT 2007

 Hi,
  If you would like to access use a remote machine's file system you will
have to share the file system using the "-map" option of the mpiexec command
in MPICH2 on windows (i.e., You cannot access the network shares from within
the MPI program if you do not use the "-map" option of mpiexec command). You
can find the details in the window's developer's guide available at
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich/ . Once you map the shared drive, to
say X:, you can access the file in the network share as
"X:\\folder1\\folder2\\filename" (without the quotes. Also make sure that
the string containing the filename has a '\0' at the end) from within your
MPI program.
  Let us know if you need any futher help in this regard.

Regards,
Jayesh