[MPICH] MPICH2 and Pascal

Lourival Mendes mendes.lourival at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 16:41:53 CDT 2007

Dear Luiz and Lykle,

   Lykle: I'm afraid that turbo pascal 7 is quite older now. I'm using the
Lazarus (which is the Visual of the Free Pascal Compiler - like Delphi), I
usually works with FPC and Delphi also.

   The program is developed for both Linux and Windows (once compiled on
each SO). I agree with you when you say that the trick is to call the
mpi-routines, written in C, from Pascal. I tried to do this, but the headers
have links to the LIB files and I can't read from the Pascal.

   Luiz: I don't know pretty much Fortran, specially I don't know the
OpenWatcom. As far as I know the MPICH2 has some Fortran files that you
should link on your compiler. The problem is that not all the compiler can
make the compile on the right way.

   I do believe that you are right the problem concerns the suffix and
prefix of the calling functions, maybe you should think about to create some
files from other fortran compile that is used on the MPICH2 files... but I
don't know which is because I don't know pretty much about fortran
languages...

Hugs

Lourival

Are you developing for Windows or Linux? Which Pacal

--
Lourival J. Mendes Neto