[MPICH] MPI_FUNDAMENTAL no longer defined in mpich2?

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 28 13:07:35 CST 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, David Gunter wrote:

> I have a piece of test code that contains the following:

>  MPI_Type_get_envelope(MPI_INT, &num_ints, &num_addrs, &num_types,
> &combiner);
>
>  if (combiner != MPI_FUNDAMENTAL) {
>     testflag=1;
>     fprintf(stderr, "[%d] error, combiner is %d, should be %d\n", myid,
> combiner, 0);
>  }

I did a google search of MPI_FUNDAMENTAL on www.mpi-forum.org and I didn't
see it mentioned in the standard except on couple archived emails. So
I don't think MPI_FUNDAMENTAL is in the standard.  (BTW, I couldn't
find MPI_FUNDAMENTAL defined in the mpi.h in the latest MPICH2, MPICH1 and
OpenMPI)

Could you use MPI_COMMBINER_NAMED instead MPI_FUNDAMENTAL ? see

http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi-20-html/node161.htm

A.Chan