[MPICH] MPI_FUNDAMENTAL no longer defined in mpich2?

David Gunter dog at lanl.gov
Wed Nov 28 12:24:38 CST 2007

I have a piece of test code that contains the following:

    MPI_Type_get_envelope(MPI_INT, &num_ints, &num_addrs, &num_types,
&combiner);

    if (combiner != MPI_FUNDAMENTAL) {
       testflag=1;
       fprintf(stderr, "[%d] error, combiner is %d, should be %d\n",
myid, combiner, 0);
    }

I get an error message when trying to compile that MPI_FUNDAMENTAL has
not been defined.  In looking through the various mpi include files, I
see that is the case - there is no mention of it anywhere.

Has MPI_FUNDAMENTAL been dropped in MPI-2?

Thanks,
david
--
David Gunter