[MPICH] MPI_Send() return condition

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 26 10:50:55 CST 2007

There's really no way, aside from using ssend or bsend explicitly.  You
could try using a macro to replace all MPI_Sends with one of the others,
then recompile your program, if that's what you're trying to do.

Just to be picky, MPI_Send returns when it's safe for the user to access
the send buffer again.  That happens typically when one of the two
conditions you mentioned occurs, or if

   3. the message is sent and is received before a matching receive call
occurs (i.e., as an unexpected message).

-d