[MPICH] IMB Exchange

Sylvain Jeaugey sylvain.jeaugey at bull.net
Mon Nov 19 03:03:49 CST 2007

Hi Rajeev,

As you mention, MPI implementations make progress on all requests, but is
the Exchange algorithm really MPI compliant ? I mean, since all
applications do this kind of things, MPI implementations have no choice
but to support this behaviour, but is there really something in the
standard about making progress on all requests when we call MPI_Wait on
only one request ?

Sylvain