[MPICH] MPI errors on windows

Richard Li xs_li at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 10:23:01 CST 2007

We have three machines and let's call them A, B and C. We don't have any problem running cpi.exe on any two combination of the three and we can even run our
MPI App without any problem using A and B. The problem happens when running our App using A and C(or B and C).

Hope this helps. Thanks

From: jayesh at mcs.anl.govTo: xs_li at hotmail.comCC: mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.govSubject: RE: [MPICH] MPI errors on windowsDate: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:27:40 -0600

Hi,
 Are you able to run cpi.exe (in MPICH2\examples dir) across the two machines ?

regds,
jayesh

From: owner-mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov [mailto:owner-mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov] On Behalf Of Richard LiSent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:29 PMTo: mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.govSubject: [MPICH] MPI errors on windows

Hi All,We got an error message when running the following command on windows,mpiexec -n 2 -machinefile config.txt MpiApp.exe(MpiApp.exe is our application exe and Config.txt contains two different machine names)The error message(from smpd -d) is:ERROR:unable to read the cmd header on the pmi context, generic socket failure, error stack:MPIDU_Sock_wait(2589): The specified network name is no longer available. (errno 64).Attached please also find the complete log from smpd -d.Can someone shed some light in this? ThanksRichard