[MPICH] Code dies with no error

Tim Reis reis at math.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 20:21:34 CDT 2007

Dear Mailing List,

I am a new user of mpi who is having a problem that I hope someone can help we with.

I have a code that seems to build fine with mpif90. I can submit it to a queue using mpirun with no problems but once it has transferred from qw to r state it dies very quickly (I say die rather than finish because this is a large code that ran for days on an old cluster).

And when I try to look at the .e and .o files that are defined in my script I notice they are both empty.

I am quite puzzled by this so any advice will be most gratefully received.