[MPICH] MPI processes killed

pinakin at eden.rutgers.edu pinakin at eden.rutgers.edu
Wed May 30 14:12:25 CDT 2007

Hi,
I'm running some code which reads in and performs object segmentation on a
very large dataset.
I am trying to run it using 8/16 processes. At one point, I call a
function which contains a loop running around 60026400 times (function
called by all processes).
At this point most of my processes are getting killed off. I have tried
putting MPI_Barrier before MPI_Finalize to prevent that, but to no avail.

Can anyone suggest anyway of overcoming this ?
I have tried running the code on smaller datasets i.e. loops running
around 260000 times and the code runs just fine.

I forgot to add : I'm running mpich-1.2.4

Thanks,
Pinakin