[MPICH] MPICH2 freezes at Send/Recv pair that it previously executed

Christian Zemlin zemlinc at upstate.edu
Tue May 29 16:02:04 CDT 2007

I am running a parallel simulation using MPICH2, and occasionally this simulation freezes in the middle of the execution, as far as I can tell at a point where two slave nodes exchange data.
What I don't understand is that this happens although the Send/Recv pair is executed thousands of times without problems, and then it still freezes, as if the nodes cannot communicate.

Any ideas how I can solve or better understand what is going wrong?

Christian