[MPICH] SO_REUSEADDR seems not work in programs with MPI

马章超 mzcroy at gmail.com
Thu May 17 00:30:19 CDT 2007

Greetings. In my mpi programs, some socket interface(tcp) is needed. As the
system`s archetecture is designed, I have to close server side first. Then
the error message "Bind: Address Already in Use" is always meet.  I find
that using the function setsockopt() to set SO_REUSEADDR parameter is the
only way to avoid this problem.  But with some experiments I find this way
can't work in MPI programs while work good in socket raw examples.  Is that
because MPI reset the socket option when MPI_Finalize is called?

Best regards!

Roy Ma

 <mzcroy at gmail.com>