[MPICH] unmanaged disconnection from mpd ring

Jinyou Liang jliang at arb.ca.gov
Tue May 15 14:16:56 CDT 2007

Matt,

    I have an account on all the 8 nodes, and set up the mpd rings for
myself in the following way:
On master node (chara):
      mpd -e &
      which output a port number, i.e., 1234
On other nodes (cha02, cha03, ..., cha08):
      mpd -h chara  -p  1234 &

then confirmed with mpdtrace showing all 8 nodes were connected.   For
unknown reason, mpdboot did not work on this cluster recently, so I used
the above method to circumvent the problem.

    Following your suggestion, I ran 'uptime' on each node and confirmed
they were all on last night.

Paul :)