[MPICH] mpiexec error message when using -localonly - Did you install MPICH2 for "Everyone" ?

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 19 09:45:19 CDT 2007

Hi,
 When you installed MPICH2 did you specify it to be used by "Everyone" or
"Just Me" (by default the option is "Just Me") ? Make sure that you have
installed MPICH2 software for "Everyone" if you need all users to use
MPICH2. Let us know the results.
 The error below (did you copy-paste the error message completely ?) appears
when the smpd process manager tries to create a process specific registry
key (This is only required when you run MPICH2 in "-localonly" mode).

Regards,
Jayesh
 Jayesh Krishna
 Argonne National Laboratory