[MPICH] running an MPI prog

Mark.Donohue at avtechgroup.com Mark.Donohue at avtechgroup.com
Thu Jul 26 19:21:21 CDT 2007

Hi yall.  Please help a simpleton with some basic MPICH knowledge.  I am
trying to run an MPI version of a CFD program that I use regularly.  I
installed MPICH2 on our Linux cluster, but when I try and run, I get the
error at the bottom.  I split my computational domain into two
partitions, and the program complains that the number of partitions (2)
doesn't equal the number of processors.  Huh?  Is there a way to fix
this?  I realize that this error is coming from my MPI code and not from
MPICH itself, but I was hoping to gain some insight into why this is
happening.  For some reason I thought specifying "-n 2" meant that it
will begin running with two processors.  All the documentation I've
found hasn't been able to answer this for me.  Thanks a bunch!
-Mark

Aero1% mpiexec -l -machinefile myhosts -n 2 usm3d_52p.mpip4
Baseline_Elev
0: ** WARNING: fp stack is not empty
0: ** after call to etime in routine usm52p
0:
0: ** popping the fp stack and continuing...
1: ** WARNING: fp stack is not empty
1: ** after call to etime in routine usm52p
1:
1: ** popping the fp stack and continuing...
1: FORTRAN STOP
1:  the MPI has been initialized on            1  processors
1:   no. of partitions != no. of processors
0: FORTRAN STOP
0:  the MPI has been initialized on            1  processors
0:   no. of partitions != no. of processors