[MPICH] To: mpich-discuss-digest at mcs.anl.gov

Mihail Spasov mspasov at iit.edu
Fri Jul 20 16:16:41 CDT 2007

Dear all,

I am trying to write a 3d LBM based simulation code using MPICH2. I
am relatively new to parallel programming - reading on it for about 3
weeks now. My question is related to exchanging data between
processes. I want to get data from a diagonal process. Cart_shift
tells you which one is to the left, right, up or down but not the
diagonal ones. I wonder if there is a routine to get the rank of the
diagonal process and if not what is the best way to achieve that?
Thanks!

Mihail Spasov
mspasov at iit.edu