[MPICH] Fortran code problems

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at charter.net
Fri Jul 20 13:30:12 CDT 2007

Afternoon,

I hate to use this mailing list as an MPI debugging list, I really
do hate to. But I'm having some trouble with a Fortran90 code
that I can't find or fix. I'm using gcc-3.4.2 (you might remember
from yesterday :)  )  and g95 on a Centos 4 box. I built
mpich2-1.0.5p4.

I took the first code from the MPI-2 on Parallel IO, which is
in C, and I translated it into F90. I've attached both codes to
this email. When I run the C code, I get the correct results.
I added a printf statement to make sure all processes were
making it to MPI_FINALIZE. Here's the output:

mpiexec -machinefile ./machinelist -np 4 ./testc
myank: 1 before finalize
myank: 2 before finalize
myank: 3 before finalize
myank: 0 before finalize

When I run the F90 code, I get the following:

mpiexec -machinefile ./machinelist -np 4 ./testf
 MYRANK: 1  BEFORE FINALIZE
 MYRANK: 2  BEFORE FINALIZE
 MYRANK: 3  BEFORE FINALIZE
 MYRANK: 3  BEFORE FINALIZE

Notice how rank3 is repeated. Here's the funny thing, the
output files from the F90 code are correct. I can't seem to find
out why MYRANK=3 is repeated. Any ideas?

TIA!

Jeff