[MPICH] MPICH.NT and MPICH2 issue on Windows 2003 R2

Watford, Christopher A (GE Infra, Energy) christopher.watford at ge.com
Thu Jul 19 09:44:50 CDT 2007

I've run into an interesting problem with both MPICH.NT and MPICH2 on
Windows 2003 R2. With MPICH.NT our application, given N processors
across M machines, will have at most 2 processes going at once (across
all machines). On MPICH2, if the N processors span more than one machine
nothing happens. Process 0 can make forward progress, but no other
machines talk to one another, which is similar to the problem we are
seeing with MPICH.NT, but not quite the same.

Christopher Watford
GE-Hitachi Nuclear Energy
E Christopher.Watford at ge.com <mailto:Christopher.Watford at ge.com>
http://www.ge-energy.com/nuclear