[MPICH] slow IOR when using fileview

Yu, Weikuan wyu at ornl.gov
Mon Jul 2 12:15:40 CDT 2007

Thanks for reporting this. I got a similar report from a ticket you
filed at ORNL. I am following up with this thread for folks' collective
attention on this behavior.

While there are many differences between Cray XT and other platforms
with a linux-based Lustre file system or PVFS, such as caching and comm
library etc, this performance difference between write_all and
write_at_all does not seem to be directly related to them. Besides,
running collective IO with IOR may not seem to be an advisable thing
with the intended pattern of 10MB per file? Could you detail a little
more on the actual need/intention of a file view here, or a breif
description of intended access pattern in your apps?

--
Weikuan Yu, Ph.D
Future Technologies & Technology Integration
Email: wyu at ornl.gov
http://ft.ornl.gov/~wyu/