[MPICH] problems linking with mpe

David Minor david-m at orbotech.com
Mon Jan 8 02:02:01 CST 2007

Hi Anthony,

I agree the problem is not with mpe. I'm clearly doing something wrong
with linking or perhaps the run-time linker isn't linking things in the
proper order. I use the term dll as a generic term for "dynamic linked
library", on linux they have a .so suffix and on windows .dll. I'm
working in linux. I have a dll and an executable. The executable is
launched by mpiexec, run from another program, all environemnt variables
are passed in and the program runs correctly. There are simply no log
files created either in /tmp or in the working directory. if I do nm
[binary file] | c++filt | grep -i mpe | wc -l, I get 50 on both the dll
and the executable file (same results for cpi as well), meaning there
are 50 symbols with MPE_ in them. I'm also using c++ not c, if that
makes a difference. What could be preventing the logging from taking
place?

Regards,

David Minor