[MPICH] mpich2-1.0.5, ch3:ssm, pathscale on opteron

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 25 19:14:18 CST 2007

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Miguel Oliveira wrote:

> Rajeev Thakur wrote:
> > Try using the ch3:nemesis device. It will also do shared memory within a
> > node and TCP across nodes. I don't know if it will work with the Pathscale
> > compiler, but you can try.
> >
> > Rajeev
> >

> Dear Rajeev,
>
> Thanks for your reply. It did work. Jobs seem to be running properly.
>
> Unfortunately it had a side effect. Now mpiexec for pbs ignores
> -transform-hostname.
> Do you know why?

http://email.osc.edu/pipermail/mpiexec/2006/000718.html

This suggests that -tranform-hostname was meant for MPICH1 originally.
But newer version of mpiexec from OSC gets it to work with MPICH2/pmi.

http://www.osc.edu/~pw/mpiexec/index.php
http://www.osc.edu/~pw/mpiexec/index.php#Changes

Are you using the latest OSC mpiexec, version 0.82 ?

A.Chan