[MPICH] Warnings during compilation.

Oliver Fortmeier fortmeier at sc.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jan 17 02:41:17 CST 2007

Hello,

of course that trick would supress the warnings in your code, if the code is behind the pragma, so I
include the mpich header in one file with no other code, that is included by all other files, that
uses MPI calls.

e.g.:

File: mympi.h
----------Code----------------------
#pragma GCC system_header
#include <mpi.h>
----------End of Code---------------

File: main_prog.cpp
----------Code----------------------
#include "mympi.h"
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
     MPI::Init(argc, argv);
     int a=0;
     MPI::Finalize();
     return 0;
}

In this example the compiler warns me about the unused variable a. I think this can solve your
problem, if you use the gnu compiler.

Best,
Oliver

  Oliver Fortmeier                      fortmeier at sc.rwth-aachen.de
  Institute for Scientific Computing    phone: +49 241 80 24918
  RWTH Aachen University                fax:   +49 241 80 6 24918