[MPICH] Ordering process

Ludovic HABLOT ludovic.hablot at ens-lyon.fr
Wed Feb 28 07:18:02 CST 2007

Hello,

I'm using mpich2-1.0.5p2 on a computing grid. I'm executing the NPB, and
so I have to control where each process is launched.

But when I use mpich2 with mpd, the process are never launch in the same
order.

Is there a way to order my process ? Is there a rule to know the order
in advance ?

Any idea is welcome,

Thanks in advance,

Ludovic

Example : the execution of mpdtrace never give the same result on 4 nodes :

~/mpich2-install/bin/mpiexec -machinefile node_file_2 -n 4 hostname
parasol36.irisa.fr
parasol51.irisa.fr
parasol40.irisa.fr
parasol45.irisa.fr