[MPICH] MPI_FILE_Ixxx

David Büttner mail at buettnerdavid.de
Sat Feb 24 07:52:49 CST 2007

Hello everybody,

I have a question concerning MPICH2 and the MPI_FILE_Ixxx functions.
Looking at the source code and the documentation it seems that I cannot
find a version of the asynchronous functions which are using threads
already.
Quoting the source code in mpi-io/iwrite.c:
 /* for now, no threads or anything fancy.
    * just call the blocking version */

I am interested in using those functions on a Debian Linux Cluster and
would like to know if anyone knows if there are plans to implement or
already existing first (not yet published?) versions of threaded
functions? If there are versions available, would it be possible to use
and test those?

Thank you for any information on this topic. (And please let me know if
this is the right place for questions on this topic or if I should
direct my question elsewhere).

Thank you very much,
David