[MPICH] request nemesis being runtime setting

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 21 09:59:56 CST 2007

Thanks for the suggestion.  This is something we do intend to provide.

Darius

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, chong tan wrote:

> the current implementation of MPI has it that once we pick the ch3 setting during configuration, it become stick in MPICH.  If I config MPICH with nemesis, there is no way I can switch off the ative polling when MPI is in progress.  I like to request a new capability, either via a new function or via an extra parameter in MPI_Init or something, the following:

nemesis is built the same as ch3:ssm  (or shm), the active polling is on by default, and can be
turned off via a flag or env var, or by calling a specific routine.

With that, we have the option to not do active polling when needed.

thanks
tan