[MPICH] Multiple indices arrays and Fortran 90

Antonio Costa antoniotcosta at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 14:50:47 CST 2007

Greetings,

does anybody know if there is any restriction on the number of array
indices for passing an array via MPI_send/MPI_recv? I'm getting the
following error when compiling with Intel Fortran 9.0 and MPICH
1.2.7p1:

fortcom: Error: chi_RPA_1.f90, line 392: There is no matching specific
subroutine for this generic subroutine call.   [MPI_RECV]
       CALL MPI_Recv(their_lambda,nl,MPI_double_complex,i,1000+i,MPI_comm_world,stat,ierr)
------------^
fortcom: Error: chi_RPA_1.f90, line 399: There is no matching specific
subroutine for this generic subroutine call.   [MPI_SEND]
    CALL MPI_send(my_lambda,nl,MPI_double_complex,0,1000+myid,MPI_comm_world,ierr)

my_lambda and their_lambda are 4 indices arrays:

COMPLEX(double), DIMENSION(9,9,9,9) :: my_lambda,their_lambda

When I turn them into (81,81) two-indices arrays everything seems to work fine.

Also, and that seems weird to me, when I turn optimization on, with
any of O1, O2 or O3, the compiling error goes away!

Have anyone experienced anything similar? I looked through this
mailing list and on Google,  but couldn't find anything.

Cheers,
Antonio