[MPICH] striping_unit Hint Question

Erich Peterson erichpeterson at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 22:43:48 CST 2007

Hi, I'm very new to MPICH2 and had a question concerning the hint striping_unit. I'm wondering first does MPICH2 implement this hint and when will it follow the hint and when will it not. Lastly, if I create a file with this hint, if I then open and append or otherwise write to that file, will the new data inserted also be striped using the same number bytes as was given when the file was created?Thank you,Erich Peterson