[MPICH] MPICH2 performance issue with dual core

chong tan chong_guan_tan at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 12:37:36 CST 2007

There are a few thing to be expected running on mult-core CPU.  In general, 1 dual-core
CPU does not perform as well as 2 uni-core CPUs of the same caliber.  The shared Cache,
memory IO and other interfaces are the key reasons why.  Cache for one, the cost of Cache
eviction can be 2X-3X for dual-core CPU, on top of that, you have 2 processes contributing
to the rate of evictions.

tan