[MPICH] any way to ask nemesis to turn-off and turn of active polling ?

chong tan chong_guan_tan at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 11:35:15 CST 2007

Yes, in a very subtle way which has major impact on performance.  I will try to decribe it a litle here:

system has 32G, total image 35G.  Load is a litle offbalance mathematically, 4X dual core, running 5 processes.
4 processes are the same size, each runs on a CPU.  the last process is very small, about10% of others, run
on a core of one of the CPU.  SO 1 CPU runs 2 procs: average (P1)one and light one (P2).

All proc do first MPI comm in a fixed algorithmic point.  The 'useful' image is about 29G at that point, and should
fit into the physical memory.  P2 get there in a heart beat, then others., followed by P1  which took another 60+ minutes
to get there.  If I combine P1 and P2 into 1 process, then I don;t no see this extra delay.

tan