[MPICH] How communicating between computers in a cluster is achieved in mpich :"rpc or socket ,or both?"

zyh zhangyihui_83 at 163.com
Fri Dec 14 10:44:25 CST 2007

I'd like to write a small programme in linux/c to achieve only the simpliest functions of mpich,like MPI_Init,,MPI_Comm_rank,MPI_Comm_size,MPI_Send and MPI_Recv,MPI_Finalize
Now,I'm not sure how communicating between computers in a cluster is achieved in mpich.
When I install mpich,I need to install rsh-server first,so I guess mpich uses rsh to communicate between computers in a cluster.Is that right?
Does mpich uses socket  programming instead?  Or both?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!