[MPICH] Graphs with Jumpshot

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 8 09:07:06 CDT 2007

It sounds like you are using the rlog not clog2 (from MPE).  rlog is
designed to profile the MPICH2 internal, i.e. for MPICH2 developers.
It contains a lot more info than a typical MPI users needed.  If you
are not interested in improving MPICH2 implementation, you should consider
using MPE logging, i.e. , using "mpicc -mpe=mpilog" to link your
program and generate a clog2 file which can be viewed by Jumpshot.
See mpich2-xxx/src/mpe2/README for more details or
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/perfvis

A.Chan