[MPICH] Graphs with Jumpshot

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 8 09:02:24 CDT 2007

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Calin Iaru wrote:

>     I would like to see a graph of the time spent doing some MPI
> operation. The X axis would be the number of samples and the Y axis
> would be the time. Is there a way to do this with jumpshot? Otherwise,
> is there a way to extract this information from slog2 files?

Is the fully extended Legend window in the URL what you are looking for ?

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/perfvis/software/viewers/jumpshot-4/node11.html

Where you can find the total number of each MPI calls (count).
You can get the total time for each MPI state by multiplying the exclusion
ratio (slog2 generated from clog2) with total duration of the run.  This
information is also available in "slog2print -c name_of_slog2".

A.Chan