get the reason: RE: [MPICH] mpich2 program hangs

si ceng siceng1508 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 04:29:57 CDT 2007

Dear All:
I guess I got reason why my MPI program hangs
The reason is that
machine1:
CPU=Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz
OS= opensuse 10.1 (32bit)

machine2:
CPU=AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
OS=opensuse 10.1 (64bit)

when I use machine1  together with other machines (32bit CPU, Scientific
Linux), the cpi program runs OK.

when I use machine2  together with other machines (32bit CPU, Scientific
Linux), the cpi program hangs.

Therefore, my conclusion is that machine2 may not work with 32bit
architecture.

by the way, I installed mpi from souce by the command:
configure;  make; make install.