[MPICH] mpich2-1.0.5p4 build failure with PGI 6.2

David Gunter dog at lanl.gov
Fri Apr 20 16:10:31 CDT 2007

I've always followed the idea that you need to build each MPI (at
least the Fortran bits) with each Fortran compiler you use.  There
are a few reasons for this:  1) F90/F95 module bindings are compiler
specific; 2) Different compilers return different values and sizes
for Fortran boolean types (some use true/false = -1/0, others use
true/false = +1/0 for example).

Granted, this is only an issue if your users are writing actual MPI
codes inside Fortran modules and/or using MPI boolean types in
Fortran, unless I'm missing something else.

-david
--
David Gunter
HPC-4: HPC Environments: Parallel Tools Team