[MPICH] Re: Using MPICH2 on different ports

Matt Valerio matt.valerio at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 12:39:31 CDT 2007

On 4/20/07, Anthony Chan <chan at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, Matt Valerio wrote:
>
> > Yeah, that may be what I end up doing -- just forcing everyone to run
> their
> > stuff from the gateway computer.  Definitely not ideal, though.
>
> Is your gateway machine a windows server that allows simultaneous RDP
> sessions ?

Unfortunately not.  Just XP Pro with Windows Firewall turned on, with port
forwarding exceptions enabled.

In fact the application that is involved here is a simulator that uses
MPICH2 to spawn a number of workers.  I already had this private cluster
(with 1 gateway node to the public network) setup for other in-house
applications and was just investigating if I could somehow use these private
compute nodes from the public network.  It appears that I can't...