[MPICH] MPI Won't Write to PVFS2

Erich Peterson erichpeterson at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 19:43:54 CDT 2007

Hello,
   I was previously talking about a problem I was having in another thread, but since I have narrowed down the problem, I thought I would start a new one, so the post would get more exposure hopefully.

   I am trying to call MPI_Write_shared, if I run my program within my Linux filesystem everything runs fine. If I run it on PVFS2 it throws a MPI::Exception. I don't think it is the permissions on the directories, and I did configure MPICH2 to install ROMIO to work with PVFS2 (e.g. --with-pvfs2).

   Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Thanks,
Erich Peterson