[MPICH] Changing the comm size at runtime

Patrick Gräbel pgraebel at stud.fh-dortmund.de
Tue Apr 10 17:08:30 CDT 2007

Here is the master's console log, produced by the code draft that I
posted before. I tried it with Cygwin/gcc now, but the abort happens
with VC2005 as well:

opening port... done
accepting... done
accepting... done
merging A and B... done
creating intercomm AB/C... [cli_0]: aborting job:
Fatal error in MPI_Intercomm_create: Invalid buffer pointer, error stack:
MPI_Intercomm_create(575): MPI_Intercomm_create(comm=0x84000003,
local_leader=0,
 comm=0x84000001, remote_leader=0, tag=0, newintercomm=0x22cad4) failed
(unknown)(): Invalid buffer pointer
rank 0 in job 4  nuke_4675   caused collective abort of all ranks
  exit status of rank 0: return code 1

Did I misapply MPI_Intercomm_create?

Greetings
Patrick