[MPICH] mpiexec error

Syed Irfan irfan at itee.uq.edu.au
Sun Sep 24 22:47:21 CDT 2006

Hello,

I cannot get mpiexec working with smpd, for some strange reason....
smpd -s;  (tried smpd -d as well)
cd examples
mpiexec -n 1 ./cpi
env: cpi: No such file or directory

even though ./cpi from command line works and gives me the value of pi
(so cpi works)

Anyway I tried with full path to the executable
/home/blah/mpi/build/examples/cpi to mpiexec i.e.,
mpiexec -n 1 /home/blah/mpi/build/examples/cpi
[0] invalid root port specified: 0

Another run with -localonly gave me:
mpiexec -n 1 -localonly /home/blah/mpi/build/examples/cpi
Permission denied

I am using mpich2-1.0x compiled on linux with --with-pmi=smpd
--with-pm=smpd.

smpd is configured to run with rsh (enviornment variable)
    tested rsh is working without passwords on remote hosts
    smpd is setup with passphrase, dynamichosts and hosts
    smpd -status hostname gives proper result of the hostname and
dynamic hosts

Any pointers on what the issue is?

thanks
Irfan