[MPICH] MPICH2 and OpenMPI ?

Samuel Brunel sbrunel.pro at neuf.fr
Wed Sep 20 08:12:05 CDT 2006

Hi,

I installed MPICH2 1.0.3-1 on two hosts, Windows host and Linux host.

I run correctly my program (a simply helloworld)  with Windows  as
master and Linux as slave with smpd daemon. But when I try to use
Windows as master and Linux  with OpenMPI as slave, I have :

C:\mpich2\step2>mpiexec -ssh -np 4 -host development1
/home/sp/bin/helloworld
Hello world ! I'm process 0 on development1.backend out of 1
Hello world ! I'm process 0 on development1.backend out of 1
Hello world ! I'm process 0 on development1.backend out of 1
Hello world ! I'm process 0 on development1.backend out of 1

I use OpenSSH with a share public key in each user .ssh directory. I can
connect without prompt.

I don't understand ! An idea ?

Regards

Sam